As a nonprofit chief, you’re centered on one aim: fulfilling your mission. To do that, you’re employed to lift funds and consciousness on your trigger. Auctions are extremely profitable fundraisers for nonprofit initiatives, however how are you going to use them to attract consideration to your nonprofit’s mission?
Your nonprofit’s model parts signify every part your group stands for, so promoting them is important to achieve recognition and assist within the communities you serve. You’ll be able to simply incorporate this branding into your upcoming public sale to remind attendees of the occasion’s objective. Let’s discover 5 methods your group can pair the ability of auctions and nonprofit branding to extend assist for its mission.
1. Occasion touchdown web page
Model publicity ought to begin on the earliest potential stage in your occasion planning course of: public sale promotion. You’ll be able to unfold the phrase about your upcoming occasion by leveraging the visibility of your nonprofit’s web site—and promote your model when you’re at it.
To streamline the method, put money into public sale software program that facilitates occasion touchdown web page creation. Then, use the web page to attach your model to the occasion by together with:
- Your emblem: That is arguably probably the most recognizable factor of your nonprofit’s model. Make your emblem seen in at the least one location on the web page (not together with your web site’s navigation bar) to immediately join the public sale together with your nonprofit.
- Your mission assertion: Emphasize your group’s mission to clarify the aim of the occasion. In a few sentences, share how the occasion will assist your mission, giving particular particulars concerning the tasks or actions the occasion will fund.
- Related statistics: Numbers are a concrete strategy to show the urgent want on your nonprofit’s work. Share related statistics about your beneficiaries, previous fundraisers, and different info to encourage website guests to get entangled.
When you’ve accomplished the web page, leverage the Google Advert Grant to make sure your web page exhibits up first on Google for related key phrases. For instance, an animal shelter may goal the key phrase “assist stray kittens” with its Google Advertisements in order that an web person finds the public sale web page and is inspired to register for the occasion.
2. QR Codes
Crucial bridge to construct at your nonprofit’s public sale is between the one-time occasion and the eternal want for donor assist. You’ll must shift attendees’ focus from occasion participation to long-term nonprofit involvement by directing them to your nonprofit’s different sources.
QR codes can provoke this shift by encouraging bidders to discover your nonprofit. First, you’ll want to include them into your occasion. ClickBid’s information to silent public sale planning recommends getting ready QR codes for every public sale merchandise. To be taught extra about an merchandise, bidders will use their telephones to scan the code, which directs them to your public sale merchandise catalog.
By encouraging public sale attendees to discover merchandise info on their telephones, you’ll create a chance for them to additionally discover extra details about your group. They will navigate to your nonprofit’s web site, particulars concerning the occasion, or another branded channels that encourage their long-term involvement.
3. Applications and brochures
If you happen to’ve exhausted all of your digital advertising choices, think about using old-school methods by printing occasion applications and brochures with details about your nonprofit. These supplies might be handed out on the entrance to the occasion, positioned on seats within the venue, or supplied in another handy location the place most individuals are prone to choose one up.
Use these studying supplies to briefly share your:
- Imaginative and prescient: Describe the long-term change you hope to see on account of your nonprofit’s work. What’s your imaginative and prescient for the communities you serve? How can donors enable you to get there? Checklist your official, one-sentence imaginative and prescient assertion and develop upon it.
- Applications: What actionable steps is your nonprofit taking to show its imaginative and prescient into actuality? Checklist your varied tasks and applications, highlighting particular areas the place supporters can get entangled.
- Influence: Emphasize what your nonprofit has completed to date with statistics, compelling visuals, and quotes from beneficiaries.
Other than immediately addressing your nonprofit’s work, these applications and brochures can show your model parts like your emblem, colour palette, typography, and tone. In response to Kwala’s information to nonprofit branding, model parts comparable to these are essential for unifying your promotional supplies. Consistency between your public sale pamphlet and different communications will assist set up model credibility and make your nonprofit extra recognizable.
4. Branded gadgets
Throughout the occasion planning course of, you’ll want to organize quite a few supplies for use on the public sale. The excellent news is that these supplies can show your nonprofit’s branding, drawing additional consideration to your group regardless of the thrill of attractive public sale gadgets and aggressive bidding.
Some concepts for branded gadgets that can be utilized at your public sale embody:
- Pens: Whether or not attendees are signing in to the occasion, writing their bid on a bid sheet, or simply taking a fast notice, pens are a easy strategy to remind them of your nonprofit. After the occasion, pens simply discover themselves in purses and pockets by chance, giving your nonprofit’s emblem an opportunity to be seen each time the pen is used sooner or later!
- Public sale paddles: At a stay public sale, paddles will likely be utilized by individuals to position bids on their favourite gadgets. This implies an public sale paddle will likely be raised within the air above the gang each time somebody desires to position a bid! Use these paddles as miniature billboards to show your nonprofit’s model colours and emblem.
- T-shirts: Whether or not they’re worn by your public sale volunteers or offered at a concessions stand, t-shirts are a simple strategy to promote your model. Plus, whenever you promote t-shirts together with your nonprofit’s identify and emblem to supporters, you’ll generate income and recruit model ambassadors to unfold the phrase about your group.
Relying on the gadgets you select, you’ll be capable of embody completely different parts of your model. For instance, your tagline may look visually interesting on a t-shirt however can be too small to learn on a pen. As an alternative of merely printing your nonprofit’s emblem on each materials for the occasion, suppose strategically about learn how to make the merchandise visually interesting.
5. Mission-centric shows
Particularly in case you resolve to leverage cellular bidding software program on your public sale, you may must safe leisure since occasion attendees gained’t be bodily putting bids or listening to a stay auctioneer. Recruit a presenter to share details about your group. Think about asking:
- Board members
- Employees members
After listening to a transferring story from a beneficiary or the inspiring imaginative and prescient of a nonprofit board member, your viewers will likely be extra than simply engaged. These impactful messages are on the coronary heart of your nonprofit’s model and have the ability to show public sale attendees into loyal donors who proceed giving past your public sale.
To actually maximize the influence of your nonprofit’s branding, create a centralized model package that lists your whole model parts and explains how they need to be used. Constant visible parts will make your nonprofit’s communications look extra skilled and credible. Plus, they’ll be a focus for anybody who appreciates an amazing visible look!