Even people who personal or lease their very own autos and use these rides for almost all of their journeys can sometimes profit from ride-hailing providers like Uber and Lyft.
Should you depend your self amongst them, you’ll come out forward if you use one among these Uber-friendly playing cards as your default cost methodology. The playing cards close to the highest of the checklist deal with Uber followers higher, however in addition they carry excessive annual charges — a possible deal breaker for frugal cardholders who can’t take full benefit of their rewards applications and value-added perks. So take a while to overview all of your choices.
Finest Credit score Playing cards for Uber Rides
For greatest outcomes, select your most well-liked Uber card from this checklist and designate it as your default Uber cost methodology.
Should you personal a small enterprise or earn adequate earnings as a freelancer or solopreneur to qualify for a small-business bank card, designate your most well-liked enterprise card as your default cost methodology for business-related journey (and ask your accountant whether or not mentioned journey qualifies for a self-employment tax deduction).
$300 Annual Credit score In opposition to Qualifying Journey Purchases, Together with Uber Fares; 50% Enhance on Eligible Journey Redemptions
The Chase Sapphire Reserve® Card is one of the best bank card for frequent Uber rides for one easy purpose: Chase characterizes ridesharing fares and suggestions as journey purchases for the needs of its industry-leading $300 annual journey credit score.
Should you make no different journey purchases together with your Sapphire Reserve card till you’ve spent $300 in Uber fares year-to-date, you rack up $300 in free Uber rides. Since Sapphire Reserve is an ultra-premium journey rewards bank card marketed to frequent vacationers, most cardholders don’t spend their whole journey credit score on ridesharing fares. Nevertheless it’s good to have a lot leeway.
Even higher, when you’ve used up your $300 journey credit score, you’ll nonetheless earn 3 factors per $1 spent on Uber purchases. That’s a 4.5% fee of return if you redeem for journey bookings by means of the Chase Final Rewards journey portal.
- Signal-Up Bonus: Spend at the very least $4,000 in qualifying purchases inside 3 months to earn 60,000 bonus Final Rewards factors. That’s price as much as $900 when redeemed for airfare, lodges, and different journey purchases by means of the Chase Final Rewards portal.
- Incomes Rewards: After incomes your annual journey credit score, you’ll earn limitless 3 Final Rewards factors per $1 spent on journey and eating purchases worldwide. Uber rides are labeled as journey purchases. All different eligible purchases earn an infinite 1 Final Rewards level per $1 spent.
- Redeeming Rewards: Redeem for journey bookings by means of the Chase Final Rewards portal, money again by way of checking account deposits and assertion credit, reward playing cards, level of sale purchases with choose retailers (together with Amazon), and different choices. Factors are price $0.015 apiece when redeemed for journey and $0.01 apiece when redeemed for money.
- Key Charges: The annual charge is $550, and there’s a $75 licensed consumer charge per further consumer, per 12 months. There is no such thing as a overseas transaction charge.
- Different Perks: Switch accrued factors to a few dozen journey companions at a 1-to-1 ratio. Get pleasure from complimentary airport lounge entry at greater than 1,000 Precedence Cross lounges worldwide. Earn priceless perks at high-end lodges and resorts worldwide, together with versatile check-in and complimentary room upgrades when obtainable
As much as $200 in Uber Credit Per Yr ($15 Per Month & $20 in December)
The Platinum Card® from American Categorical appeals on to Uber riders with a $15 month-to-month credit score (and an additional $20 credit score in December) towards Uber fares paid with the cardboard.
In contrast with across-the-board journey credit calculated on a year-to-date foundation, the Platinum Card’s Uber credit demand extra intentionality. As a result of the credit score is capped at $15 per 30 days for 11 months out of the 12 months and the Platinum Card earns simply 1 level per $1 spent on Uber rides above the credit score threshold, you’ll wish to have a backup Uber cost methodology when you plan to spend considerably greater than $15 per 30 days on ridesharing.
- Welcome Supply: Earn 80,000 Membership Rewards® Factors after you spend $8,000 on purchases in your new Card in your first 6 months of Card Membership. Apply and choose your most well-liked steel Card design: traditional Platinum Card®, Platinum x Kehinde Wiley, or Platinum x Julie Mehretu.
- Incomes Rewards: Earn 5 Membership Rewards factors per $1 spent on sure eligible journey purchases: flights booked instantly with airways or by means of American Categorical Journey and pay as you go lodges booked by means of American Categorical Journey.
- Redeeming Rewards: Redeem Membership Rewards factors on the Membership Rewards portal for journey bookings, reward playing cards, money again, basic merchandise, and particular experiences provided by Amex companions. Redemption minimums typically begin at 1,000 factors, and factors are often price $0.005 to $0.01 apiece at redemption. Journey redemptions supply one of the best worth.
- Key Charges: The annual charge is $695. There’s no licensed consumer charge or overseas transaction charge. See charges & charges for extra info.
- Different Perks: Along with the $200 annual Uber credit score, there’s a $200 annual airline charge credit score that’s good towards purchases with the airline of your selection. Different advantages embrace complimentary entry to greater than 1,000 airport lounges worldwide, particular perks and advantages at a number of the world’s most luxurious lodges, and computerized Gold and Gold Elite loyalty standing with Hilton Honors and Marriott Bonvoy, respectively.
3x Factors on Eligible Journey Purchases, Together with Uber Fares; 25% Enhance on Eligible Journey Redemptions
Just like the Chase Sapphire Reserve Card, the Chase Ink Enterprise Most well-liked Credit score Card earns 3 factors per $1 spent on eligible journey purchases, together with ridesharing fares. The distinction is that the 3x incomes fee on journey purchases tops out at $150,000 in mixed class purchases per 12 months, after which journey purchases earn 1 level per $1 spent.
That mentioned, except you could have a variety of globe-trotting workers, you’re in all probability not going to rack up $150,000 in Uber fees annually in your small-business bank card.
Factors earned by means of Uber spending with the Ink Enterprise Most well-liked card are price $0.0125 when redeemed for journey bookings on the Chase Final Rewards portal. That’s a 3.75% return on spending. Factors transferred to collaborating journey companions might earn an excellent increased return, relying on the redemption methodology.
- Signal-Up Bonus: If you spend at the very least $8,000 in eligible purchases inside 3 months of opening your account, you earn 100,000 bonus Final Rewards factors. That is price $1,250 when redeemed for journey purchases, and $1,000 when redeemed for money again or basic merchandise.
- Incomes Rewards: Earn 3 factors per $1 spent on journey (together with Uber and different ridesharing fares), transport, communications, and sure digital promoting purchases, as much as an annual mixed spending restrict of $150,000. Earn an infinite 1 level per $1 spent on all the things else, together with favored class purchases above the cap.
- Redeeming Rewards: Redeem for Chase Final Rewards journey bookings, money again, reward playing cards, level of sale purchases with Amazon and different retailers, and extra. Factors are price $0.0125 apiece when redeemed for journey and $0.01 apiece when redeemed for many different choices.
- Key Charges: The annual charge is $95. There is no such thing as a overseas transaction charge or charge for added licensed customers.
- Different Perks: Switch factors to a few dozen Chase journey companions at a 1-to-1 ratio, probably magnifying factors’ worth considerably. Get pleasure from journey insurance coverage and different journey protections, together with journey interruption and cancellation protection.
See our Chase Ink Enterprise Most well-liked Credit score Card overview for extra info. Learn the way to use for this card right here.
2x Factors on Eligible Journey Purchases, Together with Uber Fares; 25% Enhance on Eligible Journey Redemptions
The Chase Sapphire Most well-liked® Card is the junior cousin to the Chase Sapphire Reserve Card. Whereas Sapphire Most well-liked isn’t fairly as beneficiant, it nonetheless earns 2 factors per $1 spent on Uber fares and presents a pleasant worth enhance on journey redemptions: 25% over the $0.01-per-point baseline for money redemptions. That’s a 2.5% return on Uber spending. Factors transferred to collaborating journey companions might earn an excellent increased return on spending, relying on how they’re redeemed.
- Signal-Up Bonus: Earn 60,000 bonus factors, price as much as $750 on journey bought by means of Final Rewards, if you spend at the very least $4,000 inside 3 months.
- Incomes Rewards: Earn limitless 3 factors per $1 spent on eligible eating purchases. Earn limitless 2 factors per $1 spent on qualifying journey purchases, together with Uber fares. Earn limitless 1 level per $1 on all different eligible purchases.
- Redeeming Rewards: The easiest way to redeem is for journey bookings made by means of the Chase Final Rewards journey portal. This selection values factors at $0.0125 apiece. Different redemption choices, all of which worth factors at $0.01 apiece, embrace reward playing cards, money again, and purchases with choose service provider companions (together with Amazon).
- Key Charges: The annual charge is $95. There’s no charge for added licensed customers and no overseas transaction charge.
- Different Perks: Switch accrued factors to collaborating journey companions (a few dozen in all) at a beneficiant 1-to-1 ratio.
5. Apple Card
3% Money Again on Uber Purchases Made Utilizing Apple Pay
Apple Card is a distinct kind of bank card, and it’s price studying our full overview (linked beneath) for extra on precisely what meaning. If you make purchases with the Uber ridesharing and Uber Eats app utilizing Apple Pay, you’ll earn 3% money again, mechanically redeemed to your account each day.
- Signal-Up Bonus: There’s at the moment no sign-up bonus. Verify the issuer’s web site for the most recent bonus particulars.
- Incomes Rewards: Earn 3% money again on purchases made with Apple, together with any merchandise or providers on the Apple Retailer, Apple.com, the App Retailer, or iTunes. Earn 3% money again on choose Apple Pay purchases, together with these made by means of the Uber ridesharing and Uber Eats apps.
- Redeeming Rewards: Money again is mechanically redeemed to your account day by day.
- Key Charges: There is no such thing as a annual charge or overseas transaction charge.
- Different Perks: Apple Card has novel interest-reduction options and different perks not frequent within the bank card world.
2x Factors on All Eligible Purchases, Together with Uber Fares
The Capital One® Enterprise® Rewards Credit score Card is likely one of the hottest journey rewards bank cards available on the market. Its rewards program delivers limitless 2 factors on each buy, day by day, together with on Uber ridesharing and Uber Eats purchases. That provides as much as a 2% fee of return on Uber spending if you redeem factors for assertion credit towards prior journey purchases.
- Early Spend Bonus: Earn 75,000 bonus miles after you spend $4,000 on the cardboard inside 3 months from account opening. That is price $750 in journey bills at redemption.
- Incomes Rewards: Earn limitless 2 miles per $1 spent on most purchases, together with all purchases with Uber apps. For a restricted time, earn 10 miles per $1 spent on purchases at lodges.com/enterprise.
- Redeeming Rewards: The easiest way to redeem is for assertion credit towards prior journey purchases at a per-point fee of $0.01. Partial redemptions are allowed. Different redemption choices embrace reward playing cards, basic assertion credit, and merchandise, all at variable level values.
- Introductory APR: None.
- Key Charges: The $95 annual charge is waived in the course of the first 12 months. There is no such thing as a overseas transaction charge.
- Different Perks: Get pleasure from $100 off your International Entry or TSA PreCheck software charge, plus a bunch of purchasing and journey advantages, together with prolonged warranties and automobile rental protection.
See our Capital One® Enterprise® Rewards Credit score Card overview for extra info. Study extra about this card and learn how to use right here.
Methodology: How We Choose the Finest Uber Credit score Playing cards
The most effective bank cards for Uber rides additionally are typically one of the best bank cards for different varieties of journey purchases. However every card on this checklist has some essential options and capabilities in frequent. These are a very powerful ones we thought of when placing it collectively.
Reward Price for Native Transportation Purchases
Uber purchases qualify as native transportation purchases, a service provider code that additionally encompasses public transit, tolls, parking charges, and associated bills. Most bank card rewards applications deal with all native transportation purchases the identical, and we glance out for people who reward them above and past most different varieties of purchases.
Reward Price on Complementary Purchases
We additionally have a look at how bank cards reward purchases that naturally complement ride-hailing purchases and native transportation purchases generally. Crucial complementary classes for frequent Uber customers are restaurant (eating) and basic journey purchases, since many individuals use ride-hailing providers once they’re out in town or touring removed from residence.
New Cardmember Bonus
A lot of the playing cards on this checklist supply enticing bonuses for brand new cardmembers. That’s no accident, as one of the best Uber bank cards (and one of the best journey bank cards generally) are typically beneficiant on this entrance.
The decrease the annual charge, the higher. However bank cards with no annual charges in any respect have a tendency to not be as beneficiant as these with recurring levies. The place doable, we choose playing cards with low or no annual charges, with costlier-but-more-generous playing cards shut behind.
The most effective Uber bank cards have a great deal of perks and advantages for frequent vacationers. Few supply direct advantages for Uber riders past the reward fee, however people who do get favored therapy in our evaluation. In any other case, the extra worth a card presents for vacationers, the upper it’s more likely to be on this checklist.
Uber Credit score Card FAQs
Should you’re nonetheless uncertain about what to anticipate out of your subsequent Uber-friendly bank card, we’ve got solutions to some frequent questions.
Do You Want Good Credit score to Get an Uber Credit score Card?
Not essentially. Nonetheless, generally, premium journey rewards bank cards require good or wonderful credit score, together with many playing cards on this checklist. In case you have restricted credit score historical past or your FICO rating is far beneath 700, you might have bother qualifying for these playing cards.
What Are the Finest Uber Credit score Playing cards With out Annual Charges?
Unhappy to say, one of the best Uber bank cards have annual charges, typically in extra of $250. The most effective Uber bank card with out an annual charge is the Apple Card.
How Do Credit score Card Firms Categorize Uber Fares?
Uber fares nearly all the time qualify as basic journey or native transportation purchases. Many bank cards particularly reward native transportation purchases, but when yours doesn’t, verify the wonderful print on its rewards program to see if ride-hailing purchases qualify as basic journey.
Do These Credit score Playing cards Reward Purchases With Uber Eats and Postmates?
Some do, however not as a part of the native transportation class. Purchases with Uber Eats and Postmates, each of that are owned by Uber, sometimes qualify as restaurant or eating purchases. If you wish to earn bonus factors or miles on them, select a card that favors restaurant or eating spending or a card that favors a sure cost methodology, like Apple Card does with Apple Pay.
Is the Client Uber Credit score Card Nonetheless Round?
No, the Uber shopper bank card is now not obtainable. Whereas that is little question disappointing to Uber followers, this checklist exhibits simply what number of alternate options there are for rewarding Uber rides. And when you drive for Uber, you’ll be able to make the most of the newer Uber Professional Card, a enterprise debit Mastercard that gives rewards and perks for ride-hailing drivers.
Whereas one of the best all-around Uber card is the Chase Sapphire Reserve Card, thanks primarily to the beneficiant $300 journey credit score, the Platinum Card from American Categorical isn’t a foul selection both when you can maintain your Uber spending at or close to $15 per 30 days.
Should you spend greater than $200 to $300 per 30 days on Uber rides, there’s no purpose to cease at one card. Credit score-qualified Uber fanatics can declare as much as $500 in Uber credit per 12 months by rotating their Uber spending by means of these two premium journey rewards bank cards — although, in follow, Uber spending received’t account for many Chase Sapphire Reserve customers’ whole journey credit score allowance.