The #1 cause why donors don’t submit matching present requests is that they don’t know their employers provide such packages. Company giving generally is a important income for nonprofits, and selling these engagement alternatives to donors can considerably enhance your giving income. That’s why an increasing number of organizations like yours are crafting methods to drive this funding supply—together with advertising and marketing matching presents in your digital communications.
In reality, research present that mentioning matching presents in fundraising appeals ends in a 71% enhance in response charge and a 51% enhance in common donation quantity. Not solely do matching present packages double particular person donations, however additionally they encourage extra donors to provide within the first place and to extend their unique contribution. Ultimately, that makes the matched present bigger, too!
On this information, we’ll focus on just a few of essentially the most impactful and environment friendly methods to tell donors about gift-matching packages by using digital communications. These usually embrace:
Incorporating company giving into your digital outreach technique can put you on the trail to reaching your fundraising targets in a fraction of the time. Let’s get began!
Advertising and marketing Matching Presents With Emails
E mail outreach is a crucial element of digital communications and general fundraising. E mail offers instantaneous outreach to donors, so you’ll be able to basically say, “Hello. What’s up? Have you considered matching presents in the present day?” Then, folks can reply (or request their match!) simply as rapidly.
Greatest practices for advertising and marketing matching presents along with your e mail streams embrace:
- Embedding a textual content hyperlink and a visible graphic inside your e mail, directing readers to your matching present web page.
- Encouraging supporters to carry out a search to see if their firm matches donations and entry the suitable varieties, pointers, and directions.
Snail mail merely can’t maintain tempo, and at $0.55 a stamp, why would you pay to sluggish issues down?
A profitable e mail advertising and marketing technique hinges on a well-paced, regular procession of the best strikes somewhat than a reckless bombardment of emails. With sufficient area to write a fast blurb and/or hyperlink to a full-length article, e mail messages are a terrific place to teach donors about matching presents.
Take into account that an e mail or digital publication devoted to matching presents is probably going going to be the best technique. Nevertheless, incorporating matching presents in a bigger e mail useful resource can work effectively, too. Loyal donors will probably learn your common emails, so it’s a superb place to supply in-depth details about the advantages of company giving.
Instance Content material:
- “Do you’re employed for a match-maker? Immediately discover out in case your employer will double and even triple your donation to the Nationwide Kidney Basis with a fast search of our on-line database!”
- “Hundreds of firms will match donations made by their crew members, retirees, and even worker spouses. Search now to entry your employer’s matching present varieties and full the straightforward, minutes-long course of to drive further help towards our trigger.”
Advertising and marketing Matching Presents With E mail Signatures
Chances are high that your group sends a ton of emails—together with fundraising messages, mission-related content material, and extra. However do you know that each message you ship will be a possibility to advertise matching presents? Simply use your e mail signature!
An e mail signature usually consists of a person’s private contact particulars, nonprofit data, and even a related picture or group emblem—nevertheless it’s additionally a terrific place to advertise matching presents.
Greatest practices for advertising and marketing matching presents along with your e mail signatures embrace:
- Modifying the e-mail signatures for everybody in your membership and/or improvement groups to advertise matching presents.
- Linking to further assets to which recipients can navigate to study extra about matching present alternatives (equivalent to your devoted matching present web page in your web site).
A easy blurb alongside a flashy graphic about company giving can enhance consciousness and be the wanted push for donors to take a fast 5 minutes to submit matching present requests. It’s one of many best and most cost-effective methods to advertise matching presents year-round.
Instance Content material:
- “Your donation could also be eligible for an identical present out of your employer. Discover out at catrescueclub.com/matching-gifts/.”
- “Your membership contribution could also be eligible for an identical present out of your employer. Discover out at doublethedonation.com/CRC/.”
Advertising and marketing Matching Presents With Social Media Posts
Individuals flock to social media to find the web’s finest content material. Although you don’t want to provide viral posts on daily basis, you do want to supply compelling and interesting data on a constant foundation. And a number of the most impactful content material you’ll be able to share has to do with company gift-matching alternatives!
There are almost as many social media shops as there are stars within the universe, so it’s finest to give attention to actually optimizing your technique on just some websites. Relying in your group and its typical donor base, this would possibly embrace Fb, Twitter, LinkedIn, and extra. Whatever the platforms you select, every networking website requires a nuanced method to get your data on the market and finest interact along with your viewers.
Greatest practices for advertising and marketing matching presents along with your social media platforms embrace:
- Sharing academic assets about matching present packages and the businesses that provide them.
- Partaking your digitally savvy donors and volunteers and inspiring them to submit matching presents.
- Scheduling messages on a recurring foundation as a technique to attraction to supporters with out asking for an extra donation.
Whether or not or not you use a matching present service, a easy tweet, Fb put up, or LinkedIn article can unfold the phrase about these packages to hundreds of donors.
Social media websites like these provide an effective way to maintain folks up-to-date in your nonprofit’s campaigns, inform your viewers about matching present alternatives, and encourage donors to look into the method. Simply you’ll want to embrace a direct hyperlink to a location the place customers can uncover further data and the subsequent steps!
Instance Content material:
- “It takes just some minutes to submit a company worker matching present type…have you ever submitted yours?”
- “What do Microsoft, Financial institution of America, IBM, and Verizon all have in frequent? Each matches donations made by their staff to nonprofit organizations. Many main employers provide comparable worker matching present packages. Search atlantauniversity.edu/employer-matching-gifts/ to seek out out in case your employer gives one thing like this, in addition to to entry program pointers, how-to directions, and related varieties.”
Advertising and marketing Matching Presents With Textual content Messages
One other type of digital communication that’s changing into more and more widespread amongst nonprofits and their donors is texting. In reality, research present that SMS advertising and marketing experiences common open and response charges of 98% and 45%, respectively. Consequently, textual content messaging, or SMS, generally is a incredible technique to attain donors rapidly and affordably utilizing direct advertising and marketing methods.
Greatest practices for advertising and marketing matching presents with SMS communications embrace:
- Automating your group’s outgoing textual content messaging efforts to donors recognized as matching present eligible.
- Conserving your texts brief and candy to get your message throughout rapidly (usually 1,000 characters or much less).
- Using personalizable SMS templates and customizing names, donation quantities, using firms, and extra.
Fortunately, there are a selection of tech options designed to streamline and simplify the processes concerned with mass, pre-scheduled textual content messaging. For instance, Double the Donation makes use of programmable communications firm, Twilio to supply automated matching present textual content advertising and marketing providers for its enterprise purchasers.
Instance Content material:
- “David, thanks to your beneficiant donation of $200 to the Cat Rescue Membership. Do you know that your present is probably going eligible for a company match from Johnson & Johnson? View your employer’s matching present pointers and varieties right here!”
- “Have you ever submitted your matching present request to your most up-to-date contribution? Get your donation doubled and enhance the affect delivered to Atlanta College.”
Advertising and marketing Matching Presents With Begin / Finish-of-12 months Reminders
Matchable donations have restricted lifespans, so it’s essential to promote matching presents to eligible donors earlier than the clock runs. In different phrases, a supporter can’t donate and submit an identical present request for that donation half a decade later.
Though program specifics range by firm, most firms adhere to one of many following sorts of requirements for matching present submission deadlines:
- A set variety of months from the date of the donation (the usual is one yr, although it could vary from one to 12 months)
- The top of the calendar yr
- The top of January or February within the yr following when the donation was made
That’s why year-end and new-year appeals will be such an effective way to remind donors about impending matching present deadlines.
Greatest practices for advertising and marketing matching presents along with your begin or end-of-year reminders embrace:
- Offering context about matching present packages and the significance of submitting matching present requests earlier than it’s too late.
- Stressing that beforehand made donations are sometimes eligible to be matched for as much as a yr after being submitted.
- Ramping up your matching present advertising and marketing efforts with elevated communications through the year-end giving season.
- Using social media as an effective way to unfold the phrase to your supporters and attain the widest audiences attainable.
- Optimizing communications by staying up-to-date in your donors’ employers and their particular deadline necessities.
Ideally, your group will encourage donors to submit their matching presents on the time of their preliminary donation. Nevertheless, many firms have an prolonged grace interval throughout which they’ll settle for requests. Ending or beginning a brand new yr is a incredible likelihood to remind donors about a possibility they might have missed.
Don’t miss out on a closing likelihood to double donations from the yr!
Instance Content material:
- “Did you donate to us this yr? There’s nonetheless time to submit an identical present request out of your employer—submit your match right here earlier than the tip of the yr!”
- “Many matching present firms provide a several-month grace interval within the yr following the yr a donation was made. Now, many deadlines are rapidly approaching on the finish of January and February! Learn how to entry your employer’s pointers and full your match request right here.”
Bonus: Multiply your affect with these advisable advertising and marketing assets!
In accordance with Nonprofits Supply analysis, an estimated 80% of nonprofits report having problem constructing sturdy office giving methods resulting from restricted workers and assets. That’s the place we are available in at Double the Donation. Our goal is to equip organizations with the instruments they should efficiently market matching presents by means of digital engagement.
Learn on to discover our recommended methods to raise matching present outcomes with these out there property.
360MatchPro automation platform
First issues first, you don’t need to should schedule and ship every digital correspondence by yourself. Nor do you need to be tasked with the handbook analysis concerned with screening and figuring out match-eligible donors.
As an alternative, Double the Donation’s full automation resolution, 360MatchPro, equips organizations to set off the best messaging on the proper time. This ensures extra donors are being knowledgeable of the chance and inspired to participate when eligible.
Take a look at this 60-second overview to see the way it works:
And incorporating eye-catching and attention-grabbing visible components in your outreach can go a good distance!
Double the Donation’s customizable digital advertising and marketing templates
Loads of profitable digital outreach entails content material creation—written, video, graphic, and extra. That is very true with regards to participating your viewers with a multimedia advertising and marketing technique. For instance, one research signifies that social media content material with video produces greater than 10x the engagement charge of content material with out video. In the meantime, one other report discovered that together with pictures in social posts ends in over 650% increased engagement than text-only content material. And these findings are constant throughout views, clicks, likes, replies, shares, and extra.
But many organizations don’t really feel they’ve the time to commit to the creation of such supplies. That’s why the Double the Donation crew offers its customers with entry to free, editable advertising and marketing templates. This consists of pre-designed graphics and customizable animations for e mail, Fb, Instagram, and LinkedIn. And this arsenal of selling supplies ought to make it fast and straightforward to advertise matching presents on-line.
Word: For present purchasers seeking to acquire these property, log into your 360MatchPro account at https://doublethedonation.com/members/login/. From there, navigate to the “Sources” tab and choose the choice for “Advertising and marketing Property.”
Then, scroll to browse our library of greater than 24 pre-made Canva templates, eBooks, and graphics—and start enhancing to your liking!
Plus, 360MatchPro customers additionally have the chance to obtain a free matching present video or buy a custom-branded 60-second overview that may be carried out throughout digital advertising and marketing channels.
For many who do not but make use of Double the Donation’s providers, request a demo to get in contact with our crew and discover our prime matching present advertising and marketing instruments.
Wrapping Up & Additional Studying
Nonprofits want each greenback they’ll seize. Fortunately, matching presents are an efficient technique to enhance fundraising with out demanding an excessive amount of out of donors. Step one is solely making donors conscious of the alternatives. And the most effective methods to take action is by advertising and marketing matching presents in your digital communications.
You could select to advertise matching presents utilizing social media, texts, emails, and extra (or a mixture of such strategies). Incorporating on-line outreach in your technique permits you to showcase matching presents in a easy, reasonably priced, and efficient method.
Prepare to maximise your matching present funding! Discover our different recommended academic assets on the subject under: